Mother-In-Law

7/30/2008 08:24:00 PM 3 Comments »
My mother in law will be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. This is her first visit out here in about three years-since we got married, and her first trip out alone. She hasn't made the trip out here since my father in law passed away two years ago. We know now that when he came out here, he already knew he was sick. At the time, no one knew. So he came out here, and his health began to decline, so he cut his trip short and went home. He died three months later. I think she connects his illness and his trip out here. I hope her trip goes well. I hope we all get along. I'm sure it will be fine. Really. *sigh*
Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

Do you get along with your MIL?

Good luck.

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Maybe. We didn't used to get along at all, but since my FIL's death, she has softened. We'll see. This is the first time that she'll be on my turf. ;-)

Fantastagirl said...

Good luck with the MIL visit!