Missouri-part dos

7/24/2008 07:27:00 PM 1 Comment »
Well, I got back Tuesday night. It was a very interesting trip. Like I said, I went for my dad,so I did accomplish that. My aunt did indeed wear another pair of bootie shorts and another tank top to the funeral and cemetery. But this time, she wore some closed-toed shoes. Such class! Two of my uncles wore jeans, and one of them had his shirt unbuttoned just about to the navel. All that was missing was the gold chain. AND, the man kept flirting with my sister and I. His nieces. He is the father of over a dozen childern that he has no contact with. Yeah, a real winner. And gross. I kept hearing banjos playing in my head. It was just one thing after another.

Now, I need to also say that I love the country. I love the simple life and I respect people that live on the land and work with their hands. However, please don't live up to every hick stereotype that city folk put out there.

It was over a hundred degrees and 94 percent humidity the whole time we were there, so when I got home, I had never been so happy.

More stories to come. :-)

Peace Out,
Mom

1 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

You have relatives like that, and you are disowned? Wow.

Sorry about your grandfather.