Visit

8/18/2008 07:54:00 PM 5 Comments »
The visit with the MIL went better than I thought it would go. Since my FIL passed away, she hasn't had any contact with his family. They don't invite her over, and she isn't included in any festivities or family get-togethers on that side. Although she denies it, I think it hurts her feelings. So I think that she really wants things between us to be different. I like her. I love her son. ;-)

We went to get a family portrait done, and we included all the grandparents. It was pretty fun. My mom and dad are so awesome. I'll post the pics when we get them!

On Saturday night, we all had dinner at my parents' house. It was really a good time, and we all laughed and played Monopoly. I really was sad to see her go on Sunday.

The only reason that I was happy to see her go is that I finally got my bed back! Without a spare room, the MIL slept in our bed, and my hubby and I slept on the couch. I'm getting too old for that! ;-)

Peace Out,
Mom

5 comment/s:

tagaccat said...

When i saw MIL i thought i read MILF... Goes to show where my mind is. Didn't come as a surprise though!

Fantastagirl said...

I'm glad that you had a good visit!

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

She is definitely NOT a MILF! ;-)

Away2me (Deanna) said...

Oh you are a better DIL than I am. I would not give up my bed for my MIL. Nope .... I don't think my dh would either. LOL

Glad the photo session went well.

Smirking Cat said...

If your couch is like mine, your spine is screaming for a good, long back rub after sleeping on it! *Cue your husband...* :)