Judgemental

8/07/2008 09:57:00 AM 3 Comments »
I can be very judgemental at times. I know this about myself, and I accept it. I can't say that it is something that I'm working on because really, it is just who I am.

When you are my friend, I love you fiercely, and I would do anything to protect you. However, if you hurt me, I can be angry and vengeful with equal ferocity. At the same time, I get over things quickly. My emotions are worn all over me, and I'm not good at hiding what I'm thinking or feeling.

I guess the reason why I am spilling all of this out is because I often say what I'm thinking or write it out. It's not that I don't think before I speak; that's not it. I do think about it, and what comes out is what I truly feel. I know that I can hurt people sometimes, but I would expect those close to me to tell me when I'm doing something stupid.

My mom asked me once why I have a blog, and she commented the other day that I wouldn't put all of this out on the internet if I didn't want people to read it. I guess that's true. I have this blog to vent, and to connect to others who are venting. When I post about things that are happening, I expect people to comment, either favorably or inauspiciously. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. That would be silly. But I do hope that, whether you agree with me or not, you keep coming back. Dialogue is what makes people think, and that is so effing important.
Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Away2me (Deanna) said...

I'm totally judgmental and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I mean, if we didn't judge right from wrong, what would our world be like.

I also, don't mind being judged.

Smirking Cat said...

Everyone is judgmental to a degree. What I have learned, the hard way, is that often times, until you are in a particular situation, you have no damn clue what it is like. This has softened my judgments of others quite a bit!

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I have lived through a lot. Most of which people don't know. So yah, I have a pretty good idea. Also, it is not about trying to hurt anyone. It's about the discussion and learning. The life and experiences that I am pooling from is pretty rough...divorce, abortion, adoption, ex-husband in the pen, homelessness, spousal abuse, welfare, and racism, to name a few. I am not condemning anyone for their choices, believe me. However, there is ALWAYS another way of looking at things.