Freedom

8/12/2008 04:20:00 PM 3 Comments »
My oldest, along with being incredibly smart, is also incredibly handsome. He knows this. For some reason, he thinks it is okay if he slips in his studies, as long as he has a cushion of friends around him waiting to socialize. We are diligent in our efforts to contact his teachers-weekly, and we require him to sit at the table every day for at least 30 minutes, with us, to do some sort of homework or studying. Despite this, he still fails to turn in homework, but continues to do well on tests. I am exceedingly frustrated.

Yesterday, my husband was driving home from picking up the middle son when he passed MO ditching cross country practice to hang out with some girls near the school. On my way home from work, I went by the field where all of the cross country runners congregate to find the coach. He revealed to me that MO had also missed a practice last week.

He came home at the normal "after practice" time and I asked him how practice was. He answered with the expected "good!" So from there, I told him that he knew. Instead of yelling, I calmly told him that we were revoking all of his privileges. Everything. Until further notice. I talked more to him about it later on when we had some alone time.

I think back to when he was born and everything that I ever wanted for myself went right into him. Everything and anything that I ever wanted for myself was transferred right over. I called him my little prince. He's in the midst of teenagerdom, and I know some of this is just a phase. In the grand scheme of things, he is a freakin' awesome kid. I know that he will turn out okay, I just hope that he isn't forced to pull himself out of too many sticky situations that he gets himself into. But then again, he may learn a lot from those sticky situations. ;-)

Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Away2me (Deanna) said...

Gosh I remember ditching and my mom found out and did the same thing you did, "how was school". Oh man I hated getting caught.

eyes_only4him said...

I remeber ditching pratcties an such to go well...ok u dont wanna know what I was doing...

:)

Good Luck..kids are pains in the ass sometimes;)

Fantastagirl said...

I am dreading this day...why? because I did the same thing, and I got caught every time. (maybe I couldn't lie to my dad?)

Good luck, and I'll remember you 8 years from now when I go through the same thing with my kids. HUGS