Parenting Lessons I've Learned

8/09/2008 11:52:00 PM 2 Comments »
"If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others." ~Haim Ginott

Me-I want my kids to know that I have faith in them. If I can't believe, no matter how much they may screw up, that they will make something of themselves one day, who else will? No matter what, I know that they are wonderful, loving, and brilliant boys. And I tell them, and everyone else around me, every day.

"The guys who fear becoming fathers don't understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man. The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent." ~Frank Pittman, Man Enough

Me-This works for moms, too. ;-) I am a better person because of my children.

"Parenthood is a lot easier to get into than out of." ~Bruce Lansky

Me-I've thought a lot about this lately. I can't imagine wanting out of this wonderful, chaotic experience. I don't understand anyone who willingly starts, or joins, a family wanting to get out-emotionally or physically. I am their parent-No matter what they do, no matter what happens, I am there for them. I can't take a break from this job. The end result will be that I am proud of the young men that I have raised. Along the road, there will be tears, shouting, angry words, and hurt feelings. That's okay. It's called a family. I'm not checking out. To balance out that heartache, there will be joy, love, pride, and accomplishment. It's all worth it.

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.-Richard Bach

Me- Our family is not the "average" family. But we are awesome. My husband loves and cares for each of these boys equally. Even though a couple don't carry his DNA, they have his heart, and in the end, that's all that matters.

Peace Out,
Mom

2 comment/s:

Away2me (Deanna) said...

I agree 100%. Lovely quotes.

Fantastagirl said...

Love the quotes - and great post!