It's Summer

6/14/2007 05:42:00 PM 0 Comments »

I was driving back to work this evening, listening to my John Legend CD, when I noticed that dandelion petals were blowing in the breeze. I was stopped, waiting to turn right and I was next to a hillside covered with wild brush. Of course, it is a beautiful day in Sunny San Diego, about 76 degrees with a wonderful breeze, and I am sitting in my car with the air conditioner running. So, I rolled down the windows and felt the glorious breeze blowing through the passenger-side window and rushing over me. In came the dandelion petals and I looked to my left to watch them tumbling over the hoods of the cars stopped at the light. I wondered how many people noticed.

Now peace is so hard to find
We're terrorized and victimized
But that's when I close my eyes
And think of you to ease my mind
You take me to another place
There's no more war (no more war)
Just love and grace
Baby you restore my faith
I know the struggle's not in vain
You know and I know
Through all the battles
Baghdad to Israel
There's one thing I know for sure

When it's cold outside
There's no need to worry cuz
I'm so warm inside
You give me peace
When the storm's outside
Cuz we're in love I know
It'll be alright
Alright it's alright

It's amazing that, even in the middle of all of the rush and worry of real life, I can feel the love of my family and the glory of life all around me. My husband is the light and heart of my life. I listen to John Legend and I hear my husband. I hear my sons' laughter and see their smiles. On the way to work, while driving the same ordinary path I always drive, dandelion petals tumbled over my car today.
Peace Out,
Mom

0 comment/s: