Dads

6/19/2007 10:39:00 AM 0 Comments »

My Father's Day post is a little late this year. These three men effected my life in different ways. My dad taught me what a man is supposed to be. He taught me how a man should treat his family. When I was younger, and in the throes of my teenage years, I would often scream and shout and say that I hated him. Looking back, I know those words hurt him, even though I don't think he'd ever admit it! When my kids were born, I realized just how much I put him through. He is such an invaluable part of our lives now. He is still a great dad, a great grandfather, and a wonderful husband to my mom. My husband says he's not too shabby as a father in law, either!

My Father-in-law raised my husband to be a wonderful man, so I must give tribute to him, as well. He passed away last year, and I don't think our lives will ever be the same. My husband has changed since then, and it has changed the way we all think about life and love. When I knew him, he was quiet most of the time, but never afraid to offer up his opinion. He held strong beliefs and I admire him for that. When he passed, the curch overflowed with people who had come to pay their final respects; that has to say something about how well-liked he was.

My husband is just awesome. He is a wonderful provider and an amazing father and husband. I write about him on here all the time because he is just so fun to spend time with and he makes me happy. I'm not one of those freaky women that maks her life revolve around her husband, but I do enjoy spending my free time with him. He's fun! He is raising my sons to be good men and showing them what a father is supposed to be, which is so important!

SO...Happy Belated Father's Day!!!
Peace Out,
Mom

0 comment/s: