He's in the Middle

7/03/2007 07:38:00 PM 1 Comment »



My middle son is now 11! I'm a couple of days late with this post, mostly because it took me this long to recover from the slumber party that took place at my house to celebrate his bday! There were five extra boys over, so altogether, there were seven boys! I was lucky enough to get my oldest sent off to a friend's house! They were little beasts all night. It started after they got there, and my sister's boyfriend picked up a knife off the floor that one boy had dropped. I identified the owner of the knife and assured him that it would be kept in a safe place until he left my home. What kind of 10 year old carries a knife??? WTF??? What kind of parent allows their child to carry a jackknife? He's also the same kid who bought my son fish for his birthday. Live fish. Aren't parents supposed to call before they do such a thing??? Needless to say, this child has been put on my list of children not allowed over. Another reason for this is that he, and another boy, were up long after the other boys were asleep and proceeded to go under my kitchen counter and get cleaning products to spray in the sleeping children's faces. This was their way of hazing them for falling asleep first. Again I say, WTF???? What happened to dipping hands in water??? Am I just getting old, or what?

Aside from all of this, my son is happy and older. I adore him. He is so imaginative and optimistic, and so ready to have a good time. He loves to read and share his stories with all of us. He's a good brother and an awesome son. I am so happy to have him in my life. So, Happy Birthday my wonderful middle child! You make me proud.

Peace Out,

Mom

1 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

Wow. That boy is just plain mean. How does that happen?