Yee Haw! I'm going to Houston!!!!

3/10/2007 12:17:00 PM 3 Comments »

They picked me, yeah!!!! I get to go to the conference for college writing centers in Houston!! That sounds so nerdy. Oh well, I'm excited!!! I feel like such a grown up, going to a conference and all!!! I get to go with my bosses that I adore, and my co-worker/friend that I love. Oh, good times will be had by all! So...if anyone has any suggestions to share about where to go in Houston, please feel free to comment. I think we're required to eat steak while we're there, seeing as it's Texas and all! I'm threatening to wear my pink Cowboy hat, but I think it'll be obvious that I'm from California!;-) Maybe I'll buy a more inconspicuous one so that I might fit in!!! Anyway, it will be interesting cause my wonderful husband is going to be home alone with the boys for about four days. It's a first, and I'm really excited to see how that turns out. (Don't worry, I'm already in talks with the grands to make sure they get them a couple nights!!!)
Ooooh, this is going to be fun!!!
Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Charlotte in Pa said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by our blog. Of course you can link us- that's so sweet of you! I'm going to poke around your page a bit... hope it doesn't hurt! :-) I've only been to Houston once, and even though it's totally nerdy, the one thing that I LOVED there was the science museum with the planetarium and IMAX theater.

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

We have great museums here in San Diego,too! We also have an IMAX. Thank you, though. I will definately look into it. At one of our museums here, we currently have the Annie Lebowitz exhibit, which I am hoping to get to before it skidaddles!
Oh, I've linked you!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.