Sad

2/03/2009 06:24:00 PM 3 Comments »
One of my former teachers, and someone who I am blessed to have as a mentor and friend, lost her husband this morning. I always find myself at a loss for words and really, at a loss of what to do. I know that nothing can take away her pain, but I always feel like I should do more.

They loved each other so much. When I talked to her this afternoon, we were talking about how lucky they were to have each other. To which she replied, "And we knew it."

I've been thinking about that ever since. Sometimes I forget to stop and think about how lucky I am to have my husband. We are a real pair and it feels so good to know that he's with me in this craziness.

I'm so sad for her loss and at the same time, I realize how painfully wonderful that kind of love is, how lasting and fleeting it can be, all at the same time.

Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

tagaccat said...

"Lasting and fleeting... at the same time". I like that. I chew on it.

Away2me (Deanna) said...

I'm sorry for your friend's loss.

Smirking Cat said...

I always feel like I desperately want to do something when a friend is hurting, but often the best we can do is listen and hug and be there. I am sorry for her loss. I like that they knew how lucky they were to have each other, and I try to keep in mind, no matter what is going on, how grateful I am for my family.