New Years Resolutions

1/01/2009 07:33:00 PM 3 Comments »

1. Stop trying so hard to do everything

2. Find focus...I really do think that there are so many people and causes that need our help. I think that it's everyone's duty as a human on this earth to go out and lend a hand somewhere. I also think that it is something that you should feel passionately about. That being said, I hear so many voices and so many needs screaming out for help, and I am really having a hard time focusing in on a cause where I could really help. After hearing Ben Skinner talking about the slave trade, I was heartbroken and wanted to help. After reading about all of the people dying due to hunger and malnutrition, I wanted to help. I want to help kids who need a home or someone to talk to...like I said, I need to find focus.

3. Get more organized. My older boys need some help with school, and the only way that I can do that is to get organized and put us all on a schedule that we can follow.

4. Get healthy. I'm not going to drop the "I am going to lose weight" bomb, but, well, I'm not so young anymore and this body needs an overhaul...you know?? :-)

5. Have fun. This life is short. This year, in the past three months, my husband has lost an uncle(in Oct), and aunt(one week ago), and a cousin(today). His uncle left behind a very sad wife and kids. His aunt left behind a host of children and grandkids, and his cousin, after losing his mother the week before, decided that he didn't want to fight his illness anymore and stopped taking medication. (The aunt and uncle weren't married to each other-it was his mom's sis and another aunt's husband). You blink and another year passes. Since my FIL's passing and my mom's near miss, I've learned to thank God for every day that I have and not take advantage of that blessing. I also say yes a lot more than I used to. That really makes a big difference.

6. Value my job and my home. Times are TOUGH! So many people around us are losing their jobs. I am not going to complain about mine. ;-)

7. Hug. I am going to just hug everyone more. That sounds like fun, doesn't it??? ;-)

That's all for now. Happy New Year!!!! Have a great 2009!!!!

Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

tagaccat said...

I like the hugging part. I want in!

perdido said...

Great resolutions!

Jinx said...

Nice!!!!!!!!! Real sweet resolution!!!!