Progress...

9/03/2008 08:55:00 AM 4 Comments »
The boys got their progress reports yesterday. Not too good. Now, I am trying to be understanding. I mean, they both have moved to the bottom of the school food chain as they have moved up in grade. However, MO brought home a 2.0, which barely makes him eligible for cross-country, and MM brought home a 2.5. Both of them had comments that they were missing homework. ARGH!!!

They are both VERY good boys, and I feel like we have a very good relationship as a family, so I really don't have too much to complain about. That being said, I won't tolerate them not doing their homework. If they are struggling with the material, that's something that we can work with. If they are just not doing their work-that is unacceptable.

I did not take away any privileges, except the play.station. They can't have their play.stations until they go on break in two weeks.(Year-round school)

I actually cried. A lot. My husband and I work very hard so that we can live in a good neighborhood and they can attend the schools that they do. We also work around each other's schedules to make sure that there is always someone home when they are. The researchers say that this means that our boys should be getting straight A's. Damn those researchers.

Peace Out,
Mom

4 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

That's a tough one. As parents we do all we can to give them the good life they deserve - but when it comes to what they have to do on their own, there is only so much we can do to help.

Fantastagirl said...

OUCH. my kids are younger, so I don't have any experience in this... just an I'm sorry and a hug.

I'm guessing your kids didn't come with handbooks either, cause I didn't get one, and well it would be useful! ;-)

Smirking Cat said...

Does their school have something online letting you know what their assignments are each day?

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Cat-
In middle school, they do. It's really a brilliant idea. However, the high-schooler is on his own. He seems to be doing better. They go on break at the end of this week, and he has promised to go to the counselor and get a progress report that all of his teachers can fill out for me. God, I hope he's doing better.