He's Racing

9/13/2008 03:01:00 PM 3 Comments »
His grades barely qualified him to stay on cross country. I was torn between taking him off of the team, and allowing him to race. In the end, I let him stay on the team because he needs to have somewhere to go and keep him out of trouble. We have changed the way that we do homework in this house, and we are working closely with the teachers again. He's a good boy. Other than his grades, I don't have any complaints. He makes me very happy. When he crossed the finish line, he was hurting. It was his very first competitive race and it was just under two miles long. I was SOOO proud of him. My eyes welled up and my heart just burst wide open.
Peace Out,
Mom


3 comment/s:

Smirking Cat said...

My brother ran cross-country. I thought he was slightly nuts. Run until you puke? No hockey puck in sight? I didn't see the point, but congratulations to your son for seeing it!

Fantastagirl said...

I think that allowing him to stay in CC will also give him something to work for (keeping the grades up) Sports were the only reason my youngest brother graduated high school..he wanted to be able to play - and mom and Dad said he had to have a 3.0 to play.

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Ohhh, I'd like to see a 3.0! ;-) I think he's working on it. I hope he's working on it! :-/