Audible Sigh

9/30/2008 01:11:00 PM 3 Comments »
If you need assistance or attention, please don't sit there and audibly sigh. Ask for help! Call your friend and tell her that you need to talk. Reach out to someone!

I am sitting here at work in the Writing Center, and I know that the student next to me is having issues with her computer and she is unable to print. Instead of asking for help, she is heavily sighing, waiting for me to offer my assistance. I refuse! I want to shout at her "Don't be a victim!" Yet, she has now sighed a total of 10 times. I would be more than happy to help if she would just ask...*sigh*

Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

John Smith said...

~sigh.

That aggravates me even more when it is done to show displeasure. If you are unhappy with me about something...tell me!

Great observation.

John

Smirking Cat said...

Did her sighing finally get her anywhere, besides on your last nerve?

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

It got her to the point where she figured it out for herself. ;-) Oh, the Damsel in distress!