Camping

9/22/2008 09:50:00 AM 3 Comments »


We just got back from camping yesterday. We left Thursday evening, so we were up there about three full days. We really like camping together, and despite occasional bickering, we all have a great time.

It was warm during the day and pretty darn chilly at night, but we did okay. The dog went with us and slept with the boys, guarding their tent. We have two tents and we face them toward each other with just enough room to get out in between. The boys all like having their own tent and mommy and daddy like being in their own tent, too! ;-)

We only had minor issues,like little man getting a little burn from a flying, flaming marshmallow. Don't worry, it wasn't serious. ;-) Other than that, it was pretty fun.

We spent one of the days at the falls and the boys had a great time scouting for tadpoles and frogs. The big boys liked giving me a nervous breakdown as they jumped from high boulders into the water. (All I kept envisioning were ambulances and emergency rooms.)

I finished the last book in the Twilight series while I was there, and I enjoyed being away from the phone and computer. But now, I am enjoying being clean and campfire smoke-free. ;-)

Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Smirking Cat said...

I have never been camping, even though I keep saying I want to. Soon...I will watch out for those flying, burning marshmallows!

Away2me (Deanna) said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. What did you think of Breaking Dawn?

Well-heeled mom said...

Oh that campfire smell. I hate it on my clothes and in my hair!