I Got Your Proof Right Here...

10/07/2008 05:23:00 PM 1 Comment »
*Jumping up on soap box*

Why is it that people feel the need to forward me emails about miracles that were performed by the common man or woman, with the influence of God whispering, and sometimes shouting, in their ears to influence their decisions? Following these unbelievable stories of coincidence combined with divine intervention, there are always instructions, requiring me to forward to 10, 20, or 40 friends to "prove" that I believe in, or love, God.

Last I checked, God didn't have email. And I don't need to prove to anyone but God that I believe in him-or her, for that matter. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I know that these emails are fabricated by individuals with wonderful imaginations. Why can't you see that????

*Stepping down from the soapbox*

Peace Out,
Mom

1 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

I no longer even open those.

Worse, it pisses me off that people I know and love even bother to send them to me. What a waste of time for all concerned.