Anniversary

6/04/2008 10:48:00 AM 2 Comments »

wedding
Originally uploaded by not-so-normal-mom
Yesterday was our third wedding anniversary. We rock!

I've known him since I was 16 or 17. I first saw him when I went to meet my mom for lunch at work. He was going up the escalator and my mom said "See that guy? Stay away from him."

Yeah, that pretty much encouraged me to find out what she was talking about. I got hired at the department dtore for the Christmas season when I was 17. When I turned 18, and he was 26, we had a fling. It didn't last too long, and we both moved on.

I moved on to my not-so-wonderful ex-husband and had two kids. After suffering in that relationship for about four years, I moved back home with my two very young sons and got a job at the same department store, but at a different mall. There, I ran into J running a coffee shop. We started dating soon after and took it real slow with the boys.

We've lived together now for over five years, and we have another little man added to the mix. He is an awesome husband and an amazing father.

Like any marriage, we've gone through a lot of crap together. We have even pissed each other off quite a few times. It's not easy all of the time, but most of the time it is. I love, love, love him. He makes me so happy and I am having such a great time experiencing this chaotic life with him.

Happy Anniversary to us!

Peace Out,
Mom

2 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

Congratulations!

The ups and downs are the spice of life, aren't they?

tagaccat said...

You do make me believe in love again (and not just romantic love) when i think i have lost faith. That is a great gift. I was also married in June. Oh to have been a June bride! : ) No regrets, i say. Thank you L