Hand-Holding

1/27/2008 04:04:00 PM 3 Comments »



We went to Sea World yesterday. It was really fun! ;-) My hubby didn't go because he was at work, and my sister didn't go because she was at work, but her boyfriend went with the boys, my parents, and I. We saw a few shows and walked around a bit. Really, we just meandered, but it was pretty fun.

I was walking behind my parents at one point and they were holding hands. I flashed back to being a little kid in the same place-walking behind my parents at Sea World. Sometimes my friends would come with us, and we walk straggle behind my parents and they would walk in front of us, holding hands. They would be whispering in that grown-up talk that was just their own language-something that we wouldn't understand. I would feign embarrassment, and my friend and I would moan about how embarrassing it was to walk behind two grown adults acting like teenagers in love. Oh the horror!!!

But really, I loved it. I loved that my parents were still in love. My parents, unlike so many of my friends' parents, were still very happy together and actually enjoyed spending time with each other. They hugged and kissed, and they even shared a laugh or two with each other.

Yesterday, I looked at them holding hands. They are still very much in love, still whispering things to each other and looking back to check that we're keeping up.

I can only hope that after 33 years of marriage, my hubby and I are still holding hands and murmuring words of love in each other's ears.

Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Anonymous said...

Almost 35 Years-but who's counting?

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Oh yeah, it's 34 years. :-) Sometimes I think I'm younger than I really am...

tagaccat said...

OMG your post made me cry. I too am touched and impressed. And to have my faith in love renewed is more than i could ask for. You really made my night!

And my, "meander"! That's a great word! : )

Glad you had yourself a marvelous time! You are awesome!