Dress Code Violation

9/12/2007 10:15:00 AM 3 Comments »

I've been working at the College for well over two years. A semester ago, a new Coordinator came on at the Writing Center who was more conservative and rigid than the others. She deemed my tops to be too low cut. WTF??? I ALWAYS dress in business attire; however, sometimes I'm a little more relaxed in the summer when it is too hot to suit up. However, I don't dress like a bum. Yesterday, I was feeling especially pretty, and I even took time to shave my legs in the morning. Then, when I got into work, people told me that I looked pretty and I felt really good-for about an hour. Then, the Clerk at our Center told me that my dress was too low cut. She said that they have talked to me before about it, and that I can't wear anything that shows my breasts.
I have big boobs. Large Hooters, Grande Ta-Tas, Huge Melons. Unless I wear a turtleneck, they draw a bit of attention. I have actually been told that what I am wearing would be okay if I had a flat chest. After complaining to one of our coordinators, I was told that he "didn't want to see a line." He was of course, referring to my cleavage. Again, unless I wear a turtleneck, you are going to see "a line."
I am getting especially frustrated because at this point, I feel like they look at what I wear everyday and scrutinize my cleavage. Also, I feel like I am being discriminated against for being a "big girl." I HATE to throw that out there, but when someone actually says, "it would be okay if you were flat-chested," then that, to me, sounds like I am being singled out because I am endowed with large breasts. I even had the same coordinator tell me that I was the reason that one of our mentally disabled students was unable to focus; he was distracted by my chest.


So, here's me in my dress yesterday. Tell me what you think. I'll listen, I promise.
Peace Out,
Mom


101_0120
Originally uploaded by not-so-normal-mom

3 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

Yes, you can see cleavage, but you have covered the "flesh" appropriately. People are so sensitive about things like this. Get over it. It's part of the human body for cryin' out loud!

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Thank you. I felt like the flesh was appropriately covered, too!! Oh well. Some people can be so Republican...icky. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I personally would be quite happy if you and your deliciously curvy body graced my office. I would encourage you to show more. Offices are dull and bland. A woman like you brings sexual energy which is only good for work ethic.