I Had the Time of My Life

5/02/2007 12:00:00 PM 3 Comments »




To celebrate my 33rd Birthday, my mom, my sister, some friends, and I went to the 20th anniversary showing of Dirty Dancing in the theater. It was so fantastic seeing it on the big screen again. It brought back so many memories of when I was thirteen!! My sister said, "I don't think I ever saw this in the theater!" I had to tell her that indeed, she had, because I took her when I was dating my first boyfriend so that I had an excuse to go to the movies. I would plant her firmly five rows ahead of us and Darren and I would kiss and grope our way through Baby's deflowering.
I'm sure that last night, our recital of half of the movie's lines did not annoy the movie goers around us at all! And when Johnny said, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," the audience cheered! It was just so great! So, happy birthday to me and happy anniversary to Dirty Dancing!
Peace Out,
Mom

3 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

This is my favorite show EVER! I envy you!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

You did that at 13?

I thought I saw Dirty Dancing before but after reading this I am not sure.... maybe I am too young.