Mi Casa

4/18/2006 02:04:00 PM 2 Comments »
So, we are trying to buy a new house. Right now we rent a three bedroom apartment, but we would really like to own our own home. It is not too easy a feat in this southern California market where the median home price is around 650k. We are waiting on the loan approval, and we have already started to look at homes, mostly four bedroom condos. I'm starting to stress a bit. It is exciting...I like the thought of painting walls and designing the interior of a home, but the money aspect is a little overwhelming. The kids are excited, mostly because they want a dog. I hope NH and I can make it through all this without killing each other!
On a different note...I am teaching a workshop next week at the college, and I am stressing out about that also. I also have a 20 page story, and eight page research paper and three essays due by next week. Good God, what am I thinking????? I would really like to go to Earth Day this weekend at Balboa Park to unwind(I almost typed rewind:-) We'll see how everything's going!!!!
*skips off to write papers*
Peace Out,
Mom

2 comment/s:

Well-heeled mom said...

Good luck to you on the house. We bought a starter home 13 years ago and since then real estate has skyrocketed in our area - though not quite as high as your area. But, we are stuck in our starter home. I guess it's a good thing we only plan on one child.

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

We would be happy in a small place if there were fewer of us!:-) I actually like how quaint homes can be. Thanks for the luck, we may need it!