Breakin the Law

3/01/2006 09:38:00 AM 5 Comments »
Today, I am playing along with The Kept Woman(click the title to see her harrowing escape from a semi), and posting my experience with breaking the law.

I was mostly a good girl until I turned 18, then I discovered sex. That was fun. Then, I met the loser who I eventually married and later divorced. When I met him, he was living on the streets. I, being the good girl from a white bread family, thought it was wicked cool to live in hotels. So, I left the comforts of my home to hang around with him and his friends.

Eventually, we all ran out of money and had nowhere to go (yes, I could have gone home, but I was stupid). We started to stay in vacant houses. Houses for sale, rent, whatever. We never made a mess or anything, but we broke in after dark, and basically squatted there until the next morning. We also stayed in motor homes that were housed in a big lot by my house. There, we found canned goods that we did partake in. (I feel bad that they may have later gone camping thinking they were prepared, and then realized we ate all their chili.) There were many narrow escapes from homeowners, and stories about sliding down second story overhangs, but basically, it was all pretty stupid. That was my big crime spree. I eventually went home. Pregnant.

So that's it. If any of you want to remind me of other things I've done, feel free.

5 comment/s:

Kami said...

Ohhhhh noooooo!!!!!

Lucky Lum said...

Now THAT was some story!!
sounds like you have led a very interesting life from what I've heard so far...

Unknown said...

Girl, I think you win on the truly most illegal things in your story...bonus points awarded!

Seriously you're lucky that nothing happened to you (or I'm sure "things" did...but the kind of thing that makes you dead is what I had in mind) on the streets!

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Don't worry, it wasn't like in the movies. I showered.;-)

TheStolenOlive said...

Wow. That is quite a life you had.

I played.