Human Sexuality

2/28/2006 03:21:00 PM 3 Comments »
I'm taking a human sexuality class online. I needed an extra "A" to boost my GPA, and I thought this was the road that I could take to that A. No problem there. I have three kids, I know a little about sex. The problem is, all these morons that I am taking the class with. People are still really close-minded and sheltered. People are opposed to so many types of liberal behaviors, that I am astonished that this is a class that I am taking in San Diego. I am assuming that they are all still very young, or that they are very old and hold onto archaic beliefs. Someone actually said that if her daughter "ended up gay", she would try to "educate it out of her"! I mean, really. This is really an eye-opening class. Not because I'm learning anything from the material, but because I am learning things about my classmates. It's really very disturbing.

3 comment/s:

Unknown said...

Hey there- thanks for stopping by today. I've been jumping around on your site for a bit here (I always like to look at the very first post ever...) and you've got a lot to say! ;)

BTW, I'm laughing over the "ending up gay" thing...we still have so very, very far to go...what I can't believe is that you're in CA and you're experiencing so many people with those beliefs. I always think of CA as very open-minded.

Anyway, I'm shutting up now...
Cheers!

Kami said...

Oh, gawd. SOunds to me like YOU have some educating to do. Get to work, girl!

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I'm very busy with this...I'll have to share more from the class later. It's getting pretty heated in there!!!!