Bastard Governor

9/29/2005 08:45:00 PM 0 Comments »
Too harsh? Whatever. The rotten governor vetoed the bill that would make gay marriage legal. In the state that houses San Francisco, for God's sake! He then went on to hide behind political rhetoric and double talk. Whatever. He says it will go to the people next year. I hope so. I hope that when it does, more young, open minded people than ever before get off their asses and vote. Click the title above, and it will link you to the full story. I'm just so sad that we live in a country where it isn't okay to spend forever with the person you love, and have that person get all the benefits a straight marriage affords. It's time the institution of marriage was updated. It just makes me sad. I think of my friend, T and his boyfriend M, that should be able to get married and live happily ever after. Society tells you from the time you are very small, that you must grow up, get married, and have a family. So, let them!!!!!
Peace Out,
Mom

0 comment/s: