just wondering...

3/19/2005 12:46:00 PM 0 Comments »
You know, I was just sitting around thinking that, at some point, it will be very quiet around here. Right now, it's like in the movies when you see someone sitting quietly and the movie is sped up around them. Only I don't ever sit quietly for very long. Anyway, I realize that I am used to a steady hum of noise around me. Like in a mall or an airport. There is always something going on in my house. Or someone is always crying or yelling about someone hitting them or tripping them. Or someone is always hungry or wants a drink. Not that I'm complaining, I love it here. But I'm wondering if I will ever miss the noise. I've noticed that I bitch about getting away from all of them, but when I'm away for an extended period of time, I start to ache for them. Warped. Sometimes I want to just yell out, like in those old commercials "Take Me Away!!!!!" Like when my middle son forgets his homework for the 12th time this month or my older son says "whatever" and rolls his eyes, or when I have changed 4 poopy diapers in an hour and a half and the baby is screaming because he can't pull his toy out from under the couch. Then, at night, it gets all quiet and I look at them sleeping and I think they look like angels. Too bad they are just resting demons.....
Peace out,
Mom

0 comment/s: