Off To Camp

11/07/2007 04:39:00 PM 0 Comments »
My middle son left for 6th grade camp on Monday. I am feeling really sad about it, and I'm not altogether sure why I feel this way. Well, that's not true. My son is being bullied at school. He is really the nicest boy in the world and boys are assholes. They take advantage of his niceness and have decided that he's gay. They pretend that he has a disease and walk around him. I'm afraid that when he gets back, he will have had a really bad time and I'll feel like a really bad mom for sending him away. I'm really hoping that he is having a fantastic time and that all the boys will bond and forget all of their previous animosities. Wishful thinking, I know, but a mom can hope, right? When my oldest left, I wasn't worried at all. He had a great time and has nothing but happy memories about camp. I'm hoping that it will be the same for my middle guy.
Peace Out,
Mom

0 comment/s: