Adoption

12/15/2008 09:43:00 AM 2 Comments »
Tomorrow is a big day. We will be one step closer to one big, happy family. Well, we've been a big, happy family for a long time now. However, tomorrow, we are going to see the social worker for our final interview in the adoption process. My husband is adopting the big boys and we will soon all have the same last name!! :-)

I know, it's not all about the name. Really, I know. It's about the boys and my husband belonging to each other and getting what they've wanted for so long. It's about that final letting go of bad memories and hurt. Their name is attached to someone who hurt them so deeply, someone who neglected their feelings and their need for love.

I can't wait until the meeting with the judge. While I had hoped that it would be before the new year, I'm thinking that the judicial wheels turn a bit slower than I had hoped. :-) Oh well, it's going to happen.

I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present.

Peace Out,
Mom

2 comment/s:

perdido said...

That would be a wonderful present!

Anonymous said...

Congrats chica,

Love ya, miss ya.

Erik